A lesson by Sam Edwards
This lesson will show you how to use
Test Fragment Recording, which is available in
Android Studio 3.0 and higher and is accessible via the advanced settings of Espresso Test Recorder.
Test Fragment Recording allows you to pause and resume your test recording to skip over events that you don’t want to record. This setting could be used to record flows that are deeper in your app, where you already have Espresso code that will navigate you to that screen. By using this feature, you can work around the limitation that Espresso Test Recorder can only launch your app’s default Activity.
Advanced settings in this lesson include:
Enable test fragment recording
Follow up lesson recommendations:
- Watch other lessons in the Espresso Test Recorder course.
Sign up for access to the source code.
Lessons in this course
- Espresso Test Recorder – Recording an Espresso Test
- Espresso Test Recorder – Analyzing the Generated Code
- Espresso Test Recorder – Tweaking Code Generation Settings for Matchers
- Espresso Test Recorder – Configuring Matching Options
- Espresso Test Recorder – Combating Shared State
- Espresso Test Recorder – Using “Test Fragment Recording” to Exclude Specific Actions