A Lesson by Raveesh Bhalla
Nearly three years ago, Google gave the World the first glimpse of Material Design. While the design language has received a lot of love from the community and the industry itself, a lot of people still have certain misconceptions with it. In this series, I hope to dispel some of these misconceptions by taking a look at each of the underlying principles, as well as studying the recommended patterns and guidelines in detail.
In this first lesson, I’m taking a look at the first principle, “Material is the metaphor”.
Pro Users: Sign in to access this lessons source code
Other lessons in this course
- Understanding the Material Design Guidelines: Material is the Metaphor
- Bold, Graphic and Intentional – Material Design Guidelines
- Motion Provides Meaning – Understanding Material Design
- Material Properties – Understanding Material Design
- Elevation and Shadows – Understanding Material Design
- Color – Understanding Material Design
- System Icons – Understanding Material Design