A Lesson by Daniele Bonaldo
In Android Wear, the display can have two main states: interactive and ambient mode. The interactive one is the one we are used to, with full colors and animations. The ambient mode is used to save power, with grayscale only and no fluid animations. In this lesson we’ll see how to update a Watch Face in order to correctly support this power-saving mode.
Sign up for access to the source code.
This lesson is part of a course:
Android Wear – Building Your First Watch Face Course
- Creating an Android Wear Watch Face in Android Studio
- Drawing an Android Wear Watch Face with Code
- Supporting Ambient mode in an Android Wear Watch Face
- Supporting Low Bit Ambient Mode in an Android Wear Watch Face
- Making a Android Wear Watch Face Interactive
- Changing a Watch Face Theme with a Watch Face Configuration