This lesson describes the similarities and differences between the RxJava
The operators are very similar and both can be used to solve the same type of problem: converting an expensive method call into an RxJava Observable.
This lesson describes the benefits of each and offers a recommendation on which you should use.
Summary of Content:
- What version of RxJava is required for each operator
- Advantages of using fromCallable over defer
- How fromCallable can result in writing less code
- Why fromCallable provides better error handling
- An example problem showing solutions using both fromCallable and defer
- How compact the code can become when using Retrolambda