A Lesson by Mike Wolfson
This lesson will show how to use a 3rd party library to implement dividers in your lists. This video will highlight some important aspects of using ItemDecoration.
- Implement a 3rd party library for ItemDecoration, instead of using custom code
- Show ability to place multiple ItemDecorations on a single RecyclerView at the same time
- Add and Remove ItemDecoration while the app is running (not just when initializing the RecyclerView).
Code for the Lesson
Pro members: Log in to view the code for this lesson!
Lessons in this course
- RecyclerView – Introduction
- RecyclerView – Creating a Vertical List
- RecyclerView – Reverse ordering and Horizontal list
- RecyclerView – GridLayoutManager and SpanSizeLookup
- RecyclerView: Using StaggeredGridLayoutManager for Variably Sized Content
- RecyclerView: Using ItemDecoration to add simple dividers and custom dividers
- RecyclerView: ItemDecoration Advanced Usage and Customization
- RecyclerView: Drag & Drop and Swipe to Dismiss using ItemTouchHelper