A lesson by Etienne Caron
There’s a lot of compelling reasons to learn OpenGL. First, OpenGL is available everywhere. Let’s say you take the time to learn OpenGL on Android. That knowledge carries over to iOS, to Desktop, to WebGL.
If you’re looking to build a Java app for Daydream or Tango, a basic knowledge of OpenGL is invaluable.
In this lesson you’ll learn:
- The basics of GL rendering and GL threads.
- How to set up
- Basic Android OpenGL lifecycle.
- Basic OpenGL ES initialization.
- How to communicate between the GL thread and the UI thread.
- How to benchmark your OpenGL applications.
Lessons in this course