The Google assistant support a subset of SSML, that stands for Speech Synthesis Markup Language.
SSML allows you to make your agent more life-like, where you can have breaks between sentences, change the pitch and speed of the assistant's voice. Add interpretations for specific texts, like dates, characters, etc.
SSML also supports the ability to have media objects play and the ability to have parallel execution of media, with that you can have the assistant responding to the user and also have a background music.
Google also provides a sound library that you can use to play using the SSML.
Summary of content
- Creating the speak XML
- Simple text with a break
- Characters interpretation
- Adding an Audio media object
- Changing the speed and pitch of the Assistant's voice
- Playing all media in parallel
- Testing the SSML in the simulator