There are more than 500 million devices that support the Google assistant. However, not all of them are the same, some don't have screens, others don't have audio, etc.
For a really responsive action, you need to make sure your action supports the highest percentage of devices but also uses the maximum of the capabilities of each one.
For those cases, its necessary to check the capability of the surface where the action has been triggered and return a response that is valid for that surface, or request from the user to send the conversation to a device that supports that required capability
Summary of content
- Detecting the capability of the current surface
- Displaying the content if the surface supports the required capability
- Requesting to send the conversation to a new surface if the capability is not supported
- Adding the intent to be received by the new surface
- Testing on a device that supports the capability
- Testing on a device that doesn't support the capability