The DialogFlow inline editor is very limited and doesn't match a nice IDE, have source control or highlight errors. Alternatively, you can create and deploy your cloud function from the command line using the Firebase client.
In this lesson, you will learn how to create your function, deploy it, and test it using the Firebase client.
$ /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
$ brew install node
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
Download and install Node.js from the download page
Installing the Firebase client
npm install firebase-client
Summary of content
- Initializing the Firebase project
- Configuring the Firebase project
- Copying the code from the inline editor to the new project
- Installing the missing dependencies in the Firebase project
- Deploying the Firebase cloud function
- Capturing the cloud function URL