A Lesson by Paul Blundell
This lesson we’ll talk about the Raspberry Pi 3 developer board and show how to flash it with Android Things, to get up and running and ready for developing your apps.
When complete, you will have flashed the Android Things operating system to your microSD card and your Raspberry Pi 3 will be up and running ready for you to deploy your first Internet of Things (IoT) app.
- A Raspberry Pi 3
- A microSD card >= 8gig
- Ethernet connection to your local network
If you need to buy the Raspberry Pi to start with Android Things I would recommend this kit.
This kit contains:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Rainbow HAT (used in future lessons)
- Pibow Coupé for Android Things
- 2.5A official Raspberry Pi worldwide power supply
- 8GB microSD card
Watch the Lesson now
Lessons in this course
- Introduction to Android Things
- Flashing the Android Things Firmware to a Device
- Connecting Android Things to Wifi with ADB over Wifi
- Android Things – Understanding Pinout Diagrams
- Android Things – The Rainbow Hat Overview
- Your First Android Things App
- Android Things – Peripheral IO, learning GPIO input