A lesson by Sam Edwards
This lesson will show you how the changing the advanced settings of
Espresso Test Recorder related to matching elements that only have IDs, text or content description will affect the resulting matchers in the generated code. You’ll gain insight and tips on how to best use these settings for different purposes.
Advanced settings in this lesson include:
Limit max depth to identifiable elements
Use text for element matchingand
Use content description for element matching
- Watch Espresso Test Recorder – Recording an Espresso Test lesson to have a good understanding of how the test recorder works with default settings, so you can be ready to take advantage of the advanced settings.
Follow up lesson recommendations:
- Watch other lessons in the Espresso Test Recorder course.
Sign up for access to the source code.
Lessons in this course
- Espresso Test Recorder – Recording an Espresso Test
- Espresso Test Recorder – Analyzing the Generated Code
- Espresso Test Recorder – Tweaking Code Generation Settings for Matchers
- Espresso Test Recorder – Configuring Matching Options
- Espresso Test Recorder – Combating Shared State
- Espresso Test Recorder – Using “Test Fragment Recording” to Exclude Specific Actions