Android DataBinding goes hand-in-hand with MVVM architecture. It provides a simple way to bind the View to the ViewModel and offers other features that will make building a reactive View layer easy. This lesson will teach you how to add Data Binding to a Kotlin Android based project.
In this lesson you will learn how to:
* Add Data Binding to an Android Project that uses Java
* Add to an Android Project that uses Kotlin
- Understanding the extra dependencies required and;
- The implicit Data Binding compiler version dictated by the project's Android Gradle plugin.
* Strategy to keep the Data Binding Compiler and Android Gradle plugin in sync.