In this screencast we cover how to set up your Android Studio environment to use Espresso 2.0. We talk about ViewMatchers, ViewActions and ViewAssertions and how to use them. We also demonstrate a simple TDD (Test Driven Development Method) implementation for the first test. At the end of this screencast you should be able to set up your Android Application with the Espresso 2.0 Testing framework with Gradle and Android Studio.
You will need Android Studio installed in order to perform the same steps.
Lessons in this course
- Android Testing – Getting Started with Espresso 2.0
- Using UiAutomatorViewer To Help Write Espresso Tests
- UI Testing with Espresso (Part 1)
- UI Testing with Espresso and RecyclerView (Part 2)
- UI Testing with Espresso – Creating Custom ViewMatchers (Part 3)
- UI Testing with Espresso – More Custom View Matchers (Part 4)