A Free Lesson by Huyen Tue Dao
An introduction to custom Views and ViewGroups, subclassing the View class, and performing completely custom drawing within that subclass.
In this Lesson you will learn:
- When you might need to build custom Views.
- The process of how an instantiated View is drawn onto the screen.
- The basic steps to extend the base View class to draw fully custom content.
- How to use a custom View class in an XML layout.
- How to request a custom View class to redraw.
Watch the Full Lesson Now
Links for this Lesson
Code for the Lesson
Lessons in this course