This course will walk you through the essentials of using Git in Android Studio. We start out by covering the various user interface components available in the Version Control Tool Window. Then we move on to creating commits, working with branches and understanding changelist. Initially we’ll be exploring all of this functionality working with a local repository only. We’ll then wrap up by showing how Android Studio can make it easier to work with remote repositories as well.
This course assumes that you have a basic understanding of the Git distributed version control system.
- Modifying Changelists in Android Studio
- Shelving Changes When Using Changelists
- Changelist Basics in Android Studio
- Comparing Git Branches in Android Studio
- Deleting Git Branches in Android Studio
- Merging Git Branches in Android Studio
- Creating Git Branches in Android Studio
- Viewing Git Changes in Android Studio
- Our First Commit with Git in Android Studio
- Getting Started with Git in Android Studio